My Family

My Family

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I start this blog in an effort to pass on the legacy of light that I have been blessed with because of the gospel of Jesus Christ to my children and their children. I hope that others will benefit as well.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Look Unto Me

A hand outstretched; heart filled with fear,
I do not even feel thee near,
But then above the watery deep,
Thou lifts me from my shadowed sleep.
The cloudy doubts that fill my soul
Are cleansed with thine atoning pull.
I do not know how this is done,
But fear is dead and faith has won.

I look to thee and hope arrives,
Reflecting from thy loving eyes.
And when I cease my faithless fight,
I feel the angels left and right,
Lifting me above the fray
To stand and fight another day,
Till kneeling in my sacred space,
I fall into the arms of grace.



Reference Scriptures:  
Matthew 14:25-31; Doctrine & Covenants 6:36, 84:88; 2 Kings 6:14-17; Isaiah 40:29, 31; Proverbs 3:5-6
                                     


2 comments: