My Family

My Family

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I start this blog in an effort to pass on the legacy of light that I have been blessed with because of the gospel of Jesus Christ to my children and their children. I hope that others will benefit as well.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Jesus Has Rules

I came across the following story today from the book, Worth the Wrestle, by Sheri Dew.  I loved its message so much that I decided to share it on my blog.

A friend who teaches preschool related a conversation she had with a boy in her preschool class.  From the beginning of the school year, this teacher noticed how kind this boy was.  He was "all boy" during recess, but kind and considerate to everyone in the classroom.  One day she pulled him aside and said, "Brandon, you are such a good member of this class.  Why are you so kind to everyone?"

His immediate response was a matter-of-fact:  "Because Jesus has rules."

Trying to contain her grin, the teacher probed further.  "What does that mean?"

He responded without hesitating:  "If we want Jesus to help us, we have to follow His rules."

My friend concluded, "There you have it, the secret of a great life reduced to two sentences by a four-year-old."


No comments:

Post a Comment